Monday, June 2, 2008

As I Lay Me Down to Sleep

After having my fill of dreary Manhattan rentals with grey-white walls and crown moldings with 64 layers of paint, being able to choose the colors that would adorn the walls was quite a thrill...and also quite daunting. Having determined early on that my beloved pink would grace the foyer, next up was my bedroom. Growing up in the heyday of Laura Ashley - I had little experience with anything that wasn't pink bow-adorned wallpaper. I was searching for something sophisticated, simple and with a little bit of glam. Already the proud owner of multiple pieces of mirrored furniture, my attraction to that vintage Hollywood aesthetic was unavoidable, but I also wanted my bedroom to be soothing. I live on this teensy little side street called Fifth Avenue and while the cars (and M5 bus) fly by just below me, I need the color to feel quiet and cocooned. So to my trusty House Beautiful archives I went - et voila - Benjamin Moore Windmill Wings. It's the perfect pastel backdrop for this gal to rejuvenate and revive. Plus it reflects beautifully of all my mirrored casegoods...now if only I can keep my penchant for reflective furniture under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment